Spaulding Ridge was built from the ground up to be a modern provider of Cloud-based CPM solutions. Our mantra is “Best in Cloud” which means no legacy vendors. If you’re looking for old-fashioned solutions from the likes of Oracle, IBM, and SAP… look elsewhere. Many of our practitioners implemented those solutions in the early 2000’s and then came to Spaulding Ridge to turn the page and focus on modern, cloud-based solutions.
Our leadership team includes Principals and Founders of three of the largest Hyperion partners over the last 20 years. Collectively, we have implemented over 1,500 CPM projects, including some of the largest CPM projects for many Fortune 500 companies. We built Spaulding Ridge to apply that experience and expertise to new, disruptive solutions designed to serve the office of the CFO.
OneStream is a leading disrupter in CPM industry, incorporating innovative features such as Extensible Dimensionality™, a simplified licensing model, and a single application interface for all key functions including Financial Close, Consolidations, Planning Budgeting & Forecasting, Account Reconciliation, and many others. OneStream and Spaulding Ridge share many values, including a commitment to customer success and a belief in ‘giving back’ to the community through volunteer service and good works.
Our implementation process leverages decades of CPM experience combined with modern, Agile project methodology. One of our values is “Efficient Execution” which translates into doing more with less. In other words, we deliver OneStream projects faster with few resources. Spaulding Ridge also offers Advisory Services and complementary Cloud offerings which allow us to be more strategic with clients. In short, our customers reap the benefits associated with ‘Big 4’ firms at a fraction of the cost, and with a more customer-centric attitude.
At Spaulding Ridge, we believe that All Business is Personal. It’s not just something we print on our business cards; it’s a philosophy of conduct and a belief that business and personal integrity are two sides of the same coin. Experience what it means by becoming a Spaulding Ridge client. We look forward to working with you.
Contact us to find out how we can help you evaluate, architect, and implement OneStream Software for your organization.
Financial Close & Consolidations
At the core of your CPM system is the timely and accurate reporting of Actuals. OneStream enables you to produce those actuals by automating and improving every aspect of the financial close process. Spaulding Ridge practitioners specialize in working with Controllers and CAO’s to streamline the close process and eliminate opportunities for error. The result is an accurate financial close with a robust audit trail. Our OneStream consultants speak the language of accounting, and can help with all aspects of the financial close process:
- Chart-of-Accounts Rationalization
- Consolidations from multiple GLs
- Financial Data Quality safeguards
- Drill-to-detail at the transaction level
- Support for US GAAP, IFRS, and other standards
- Intercompany Elimination
- Currency Translation
- Automated Generation of Financial Statements
- Management Reporting & Dashboards
- Automated Collection and Calculation of Stat Accounts
- Complex Ownership and Equity Pickup
- Robust audit trail and logging of all activities
- Automated Workflows and Close Calendars
Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
Unlike legacy EPM systems from vendors like Oracle and SAP, OneStream offers integrated Planning and Forecasting functionality in the same application you use for Financial Close and Consolidations. The result is an integrated system that seamlessly combines Actuals with Plan and Forecast. Spaulding Ridge’s consultants are experts in Planning & Forecasting, and know how to leverage OneStream’s extensible dimensionality to design and build a comprehensive planning solution that automates the annual budget process as well as provide driver-based, rolling forecasts for the most accurate forward-looking view of your financials. Spaulding Ridge works with CFOs and FP&A leaders to support all aspects of the Planning process:
- Automated annual budget process for distributed organizations
- Driver-based, rolling forecasts
- Guided workflows for simplified planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Advanced Spreading and Allocation Models
- Top-down, bottoms-up, or driver-based planning
- Cash Flow and Balance Sheet Forecasting
- Support for corporate and line-of-business planning in the same application
- Strategic Planning and Modeling
- People Planning, Capex Planning, and Sales Planning
- Integration with Salesforce.com and other systems
- Unified Financial and Operational Plans
- Profitability and Cost Management
Contact us to find out how we can help you automate and improve your Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting process with OneStream Software.
A well-designed CPM system automates the gathering and consolidation of financial data, organizes data into a dimensional structure, and then makes it available for reporting. All the heavy lifting is done by the system, allowing finance professionals to quickly generate financial statements and management reports. Changes, such as a new organizational roll-up, or a newly acquired entity, are quickly integrated into the dimensional model and reports are automatically refreshed. Spaulding Ridge understands the needs of complex financial reporting. Our consultants work with Financial Reporting Directors to automate and streamline the reporting process and accommodate all internal and external reporting requirements by leveraging the OneStream Platform in the following areas:
- Automated generation of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Drillable Reports that support multiple levels of consolidation
- Guided Reporting that allows mix-and-match of row and column sets
- Reporting by legal entity, business unit, and other dimensions
- Parameter-driven reports, charts, and books
- Presentation-quality financial statements ad production reports
- External reporting for 10-Q and 10-K publication
- Internal management reporting & dashboards
- Interactive management dashboards that combine financial and operational metrics
- Ad-hoc reporting via the OneStream add-in for Excel
- Integration of OneStream objects with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint presentations
- Activity Reports to reduce the cost and effort of internal/external audits
Contact us to find out how we can help you automate and improve your Financial Reporting process with OneStream Software.
An accurate and consistent Account Reconciliation process is critical to ensuring Balance Sheet integrity. In the past, finance professionals had to rely on third-party vendors such as Blackline and Trintech to provide dedicated solutions to automate this process. Unfortunately these standalone apps required an additional license cost AND the hidden cost of additional integration. OneStream is the first vendor to provide Account Reconciliation functionality at no additional cost. Moreover, OneStream’s Account Rec extension is fully integrated with the consolidated financials, leveraging the existing data set and user interface. Spaulding Ridge consultants are experts in Account Reconciliation, and with proficiency in the following areas:
- Period-end Reconciliation
- Operational Reconciliation
- Variance Analysis
- Transaction Matching
- Risk Management Reporting
- Risk-Adjusted Balance Sheet
- Drill-to-Reconciliation Reports
- Internal Controls and Audit Trail for all Reconciliations
- Automated Alerts to changes in Reconciled Accounts
Contact us to find out how we can help you automate and improve your Account Reconciliation process with OneStream Software.
Does this sound familiar? You close out the fiscal period, do your consolidations and intercompany eliminations, make your top-side journal entries, and generate your financial statements. Then a week later, someone in the tax group does all computed tax calculations in Excel and loads them back in to the GL via journal entry. There are several problems with this method: the processes are disconnected, it involves an external manual process (Excel) to make it work, and there is no audit trail. With OneStream Tax Provisioning, customers can now compute tax amounts utilizing the same platform used for Consolidations. Spaulding Ridge has Tax Provisioning experts who can help you take advantage of OneStream’s capabilities, including:
- Leverage the same trial balance load for tax provisioning as for financial reporting
- Automate load of required book trial balance data into the tax accounts
- Collect supplemental data through standardized data entry forms
- Apply standard repeatable tax provision calculations that can be extended to suit your company’s needs
- Perform consolidation and translation automatically & consistently
- Data alignment, transparency (drill-down), and validation reduces reconciliation requirements
- Configurable input forms for tax rates, payments, and refunds, tax attribute detail, return to provision, current provision, deferred tax roll-forward, and tax account reconciliation
- Leverage ability to create custom confirmation rules and workflow certification
- Data exportable to tax compliance systems and importable from tax compliance to facilitate the return to provision true-up
- Generate current tax expense, deferred tax expense, and deferred tax assets and liabilities
- Configurable reporting that enables footnote disclosure reports required under ASC 740
- Perform tax account reconciliation, report on consolidated and statutory ETR
- Generate supporting management reports and footnotes
- OneStream XF platform provides drill-down capability from report through to initial data load or input
Contact us to find out how we can help you automate and improve your Tax Provisioning process with OneStream Software.
Hyperion was once a great product, and used to be considered ‘best in class’ for CPM systems. The Spaulding Ridge team includes many veterans of the Hyperion world. But after 12 years under the control of Oracle, Hyperion is no longer the state of the art. OneStream includes many revolutionary advancements that make Hyperion seem old fashioned. If your organization still uses Hyperion, or is considering making a migration to Oracle’s new “Cloud Service” EPM solutions, we urge you to consider OneStream.
Spaulding Ridge offers a service called H2O (Hyperion to OneStream). H2O is a FREE, 2-day workshop where our CPM experts will sit down with your team, map out a migration path from Hyperion to OneStream, and conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the migration. And if you ultimately choose to make the move to OneStream, no one is better suited to guide you through the process than Spaulding Ridge. To date, hundreds of customers have made the switch to from Oracle-Hyperion to OneStream. Not one has made the switch from OneStream to Oracle-Hyperion. Some of the advantages OneStream has over Hyperion include:
- One license for all functionality (consolidations, financial reporting, planning, capex planning, people planning, analytics, account reconciliation, tax provisioning, and more)
- One user interface for all finance functions, rapid user adoption
- Single data model for all financial data, no integration required
- Choice of on-premise vs. Cloud deployment. Your choice, and the ability to migrate either way anytime without cost or effort
- Fastest customer support time in the business, most incidents addressed in < 5 minutes
- 100% Customer Success rate, relentless dedication to customer success
- Extensible Dimensionality™ allows for maximum flexibility in designing your CPM application
- Robust audit trail for all finance functions, every change is logged and recorded
- Easy integration with all open ERP systems and subledger systems
- No more badgering from Oracle reps trying to sell you other Oracle products
Still running some legacy version of Hyperion? Contact us to request an H2O workshop and get an idea of what OneStream can do for your organization.